Dr. Angela Davis, a world-renowned author, educator, and activist, will be the MLK Tribute Week keynote speaker at Portland State University on January 21 at 6pm at the Peter Stott Center. Through her activism and scholarship over decades, Angela Davis has been deeply involved in social justice. Her work as an educator, both at the university level and in the larger public sphere, has always emphasized the importance of building communities of struggle for economic, racial, and gender justice.
Davis is the author of nine books, including the following titles which are available through PSU and Summit Libraries:
- If They Come in the Morning: Voices of Resistance
- Angela Davis: An Autobiography
- Women, Race, & Class
- Women, Culture & Politics
- The Angela Y. Davis Reader
- Blues Legacies and Black Feminism: Gertrude “Ma” Rainey, Bessie Smith, and Billie Holiday
- Are Prisons Obsolete?
- Abolition Democracy: Beyond Prisons, Torture, and Empire
- The Meaning of Freedom