To lead the intellectual vitality, knowledge development, and creativity of the Portland State University community.
Placing ourselves at the center of intellectual inquiry at Portland State University
- Equity and inclusion
- Student and faculty focused
Areas of Focus and Objectives
In a changing environment, how do we prepare for challenges?
- Provide and improve essential services and spaces
- Develop and support relevant collections and resources
- Implement agile and effective processes and structures
In a changing environment, how do we embrace and create opportunities?
- Identify and strategically cultivate areas of strength, leadership, and expertise
- Promote and leverage ongoing initiatives and successes
- Develop and sustain collaborations with new and existing partners
How do we continue to positively engage and effectively support the communities we serve?
- Identify and implement programs and services to support our communities, including collaborations with campus organizations and student groups
- Foster a more secure, comfortable, and welcoming environment
How do we develop and maintain a positive library culture?
- Cultivate engagement of library employees
- Identify and support career development and mentoring opportunities for library employees, including student employees