Open Library Faculty and Academic Professional Positions
Open Library Staff Positions
Student Employees at the Library
The Portland State University Library employs students to staff service desks, shelve materials, process new materials, support library systems and technologies, and assist in Special Collections and University Archives.
There are many benefits to working in the Library:
- Because the library is open approximately 100 hours a week, we often can offer very flexible schedules.
- Starting pay is minimum wage.
- You’ll learn how to use the Library better, and improve your research skills.
- Student workers have told us that meeting great people is one of the best parts of working here.
How to Apply:
- Use Handshake, PSU’s Career Portal.
- Email the Library Student Employee Coordinator your cover letter and résumé.
Volunteering at the University Library
Portland State University Library works with volunteers to provide valuable support for the Library’s vision and core themes. The Library works with unpaid interns and special project volunteers. Both are considered volunteers.
The Library offers limited unpaid internships for students enrolled in an accredited library science program and/or enrolled in a PSU program related to library science or special collections. Interns work with one or more PSU Librarians and staff to develop shared goals, timelines, and assessments that meet the requirements of the library science program as well as serve the Library. If you are interested in serving as an intern at the Library, please email a short description of the type of project(s) you seek, the name of the program in which you are enrolled, and your availability to email@example.com.
Special Project Volunteers
The Library occasionally works with project volunteers, often former PSU faculty and staff or individuals associated with a collection in Special Collections. By nature, these special project volunteer positions are generally filled by invitation. If you have questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.