Learning Ground Lab & Sandbox
1st Floor Computer Lab
Learning Ground Lab & Sandbox (north end of the 1st floor) has wheelchair accessible computers, scanners, black & white and color printing, and a collaborative study area that includes mobile furniture, writable walls, computers with 55″ displays, and wall-mounted touch-screen computers.
Library Research Center
2nd Floor Computer Lab
Reference Librarians staff the Library Research Center (2nd floor across from the elevators). There are 80 lab computers (PC and Mac), accessibility stations, desktop and book scanners, and black & white and color printing. The Technology Support Desk is located next to the main reference desk.
Please note, computer labs are for PSU affiliates only. Research Kiosks are available for visitor use.
- These computers provide access to the Library catalog, research databases, and designated educational websites.
- A row of visitor-use research kiosks is on the 2nd floor, south wall, and other kiosks are located throughout the Library. Research kiosks have a 15 minute limit, except the machines on the south side of the 2nd floor.
- A pay printer for members of the public is located on 2nd floor (10¢ per page).
- Document editing is limited to Notepad, Wordpad and Google Documents.
- Downloaded files can be saved to USB, CD/DVD, or sent as attachments with web-based “.edu” accounts.
- Web-based Printing allows students to submit print jobs through the campus system and use print quota credit.