Winter Intersession at the PSU Library
The PSU Library hours will change to a Winter Intersession schedule between terms. The library will be closed on weekends and open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m during the intersession. This schedule begins Saturday, December 10 and runs until Friday, December 23.
The Library will be closed from December 24 through January 2.
Intersession hours resume Tuesday, January 3 through Friday, January 6. We will be closed Saturday, January 7.
Regular Winter Term hours begin Sunday, January 8th at 12:00 p.m.
The Library website and databases are available 24/7 during Intersession, including the closure. Chat reference help is available most of the days the Library is closed, but it will be unavailable December 24–26 and December 31–January 2. We will be able to check in books returned to the book drop. We will not be able to process Summit and Interlibrary Loan requests will not be processed during the closure, but requests received during the closure will be processed when we re-open.
Upcoming Library Schedule Changes
- November 28-December 7: Library open 24/7
- December 8-9: Regular hours
- December 10–23: Winter Intersession schedule (8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed Saturday and Sunday)
- December 24–January 2: Library closed
- January 3–7: Winter Intersession schedule (8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed Saturday)
- January 8: Regular hours resume
Student Resources for Intersession
There are many things to do around PSU campus and around the Portland metro area during break. Be sure to check to see if hours have changed for the holiday season before you head out.
- PSU has many resources around campus for students who are staying on campus during the winter intersession.
- PSU’s guide for international students lists many things to do around the Portland metro area.
- Multnomah County Library and Washington County Library (WCCLS) have passes available to explore places like museums and cultural centers around town. The passes often cover admission for groups of people and families, and the passes vary depending on where you are visiting. Multnomah County Library’s My Discovery Pass connects to 3 locations around Portland. WCCLS’s Cultural Pass connects to 9 locations in Washington and Clackamas counties. PSU students often may have more than one public library card. Check the libraries’ websites for more information.
- The Oregon Food Bank has resources to find food this holiday season, including holiday-specific resources. Be sure to check the hours of the location you are planning to visit, as they vary.