The University Library is committed to providing an accessible building and services. If you have special needs, ask for assistance at any public service desk, call us at (503) 725-5874, or Email Us.
- The southeast end of the Library has a ramp and automatic door. In the middle of the 1st floor, there are 3 elevators with Braille lettering to access all floors.
- Service animals are welcome.
- The 1st floor Circulation Desk on the south side provides help with book retrieval, scanning, printing, checkout and renewal.
- The 2nd floor Reference Desk across from the elevator lobby offers help with research, printing and technical assistance.
- Accessible restrooms are available on the north end of each floor. The 1st floor restrooms have automatic doors.
Library Resources & Services
Tours and Research Help
- Meet at the 1st floor Circulation Desk Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. or Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. the first 4 weeks of each term.
- Contact Your Subject Librarian for personalized research help.
- Ask a Librarian for research help via chat, email or phone.
- Search the Library Catalog, and use the “Request” option.
- We will notify you at your pdx.edu email when items are ready for pick-up at the 1st floor Circulation Desk.
- Materials are pulled as soon as possible based on staffing. Please bring an assistant for large amounts of items.
OCR Scanning and Printing
- Depending on staff availability, 1st floor Circulation Desk staff perform Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scanning.
- Staff at any public service desk will help patrons needing assistance with scanning or printing.
- If large quantities of scanning are needed, please bring an assistant.
- More information About Printing, Scanning, and Copying.
Adaptive Computers with JAWS and ZoomText; Text-to-speech reading software; Book Magnification
- Two Adaptive Computer Stations are located near the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of the Library.
- These computers have standard Lab software, JAWS and ZoomText software packages, flatbed scanners, large print keyboards, and headphones.
- All lab computers and Library laptops include Kurzweil 3000, text-to-speech literacy software. One-on-one training is available via the Disability Resource Center.
- A Digital Page Magnifier is located on the 2nd floor of the Library near the accessibility kiosk beside Room 284.
Purple Relay System
- A video relay system for the deaf and hard-of-hearing is available on the southwest corner alcove of the 1st floor.
- Many of our group study rooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Rooms 98 is the accessible viewing & listening room.
- Reserve a room with our online booking system.
Report a Website or Resource Problem
- The Library strives to provide accessibility to all online content; if a webpage or resource is inaccessible, please report it to:
Phone: (503) 725-4150
Reader Services: (503) 725-4153
Interpreter Services: (503) 725-5202
TTY: (503) 725-6504
Fax: (503) 725-5438
Location: 118 Smith Memorial Student Union
1825 SW Broadway
Portland, Oregon 97202-0751