The Thomas C. Bielavitz Graduate Student Collaboration Hub is available to reserve for graduate student focused events (e.g. graduate student orientations, research & writing workshops, and dissertation defense presentations). Please note, the Hub is not meant to be a regularly scheduled meeting space (i.e., the Hub cannot be used as a classroom for a course). All reservation requests will be reviewed by the University Library for feasibility and appropriateness of event.
- Reservation requests must be made in advance
- Classroom: at least 1 week in advance
- Small lab: at least 1 week in advance
- Entire Hub: at least 3 weeks in advance
- Date and time of event (including set up and clean up) must be within library building hours.
- Technology support is available only Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm).
Submission of this form does not indicate acceptance of reservation. You will be contacted within approximately 3 working days.
If your request is accepted, you also agree to the following:
- The Library’s Building Access Policy
- Responsibility for all set up and clean up. Library staff will not be available to assist.
- Return the space to its normal arrangement at the conclusion of the event (i.e. all tables and chairs arranged as they were initially).
- Report any damage to the space, including food and drink spills to library staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report technology issues to email@example.com
- For events with guests who are not Portland State students: only propping open the door to the Hub for a maximum of 30 minutes (15 minutes prior and 15 minutes after event start time).
- The emergency exit plans as posted on the 4th floor.