The Portland State University Library welcomes all users, including PSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni as well as community guests. The Library supports learning, teaching, research, and community engagement through a variety of services, resources, spaces, and equipment support. Library staff provide knowledgeable, courteous, effective service and respect individuals’ intellectual freedom.
We ask everyone to treat Library staff and other Library users with courtesy and respect.
We ask that you refrain from disruptive or disorderly conduct, or behavior that disturbs patrons and staff and/or interferes with use of the Library including, but not limited to:
- Using loud, obscene, abusive, or threatening language to patrons or staff
- Making noise that is reasonably disturbing to others
- Engaging in behavior that violates the University’s Prohibited Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Policy or any other University policy or standard
- Damaging or destroying building property, including engaging in graffiti, vandalism, and other actions likely to cause damage to the building or its contents
- Displaying overt signs of intoxication that are accompanied by disruptive behavior
- Handing out printed materials, leaving them on study tables, or posting printed materials on doors, walls, and bulletin boards not specifically designated for that purpose.
- Using seating or space in a way that interferes with priority usage for students, faculty, staff, and other researchers. Examples include: blocking the aisles and walkways with large amounts of personal belongings and using the space as living quarters
- Leaving personal belongings unattended
- Refusing to leave the building at closing time
Service animals are welcome. Support animals are allowed if they are registered with the Disability Resource Center. All other animals are prohibited.
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors must comply with Policies and Codes of Conduct at PSU (https://www.pdx.edu/dos/policies-codes-of-conduct-at-psu) as is applicable to their status.