The wide-format printers are available to Portland State University students, faculty, and staff to make large print projects using a design uploaded from a digital computer file.
Only authorized Library staff will have hands-on access to the wide-format printers.
- Projects printed from the wide-format printers that are not picked up within 14 days after being printed become the property of the Library.
- Projects must be picked up by the individual who submitted the print request or one of their designated proxies using their University ID or equivalent identification.
The wide-format printers may be used only for lawful purposes. Users will not be permitted to use the wide-format printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Prohibited by the Portland State University Student Code of Conduct or Professional Standards of Conduct.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the University environment, such as pornography.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printer will not be used to reproduce material subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
- Wide-format printing costs are posted here, calculated on the size of the finished printed project.
- Charges for printed projects will be added to patrons’ Banner accounts when the project has completed printing and is available for pickup.
The Library reserves the right to:
- Refuse any print requests.
- Use staff discretion to organize the print queue for overall efficient output.
- Place the wide-format printers in a public area of the library, where it will be possible for library patrons to view the project(s) being printed.
- Gather feedback from users.
- Implement additional requirements not listed here.