What is Data Management?
Data management covers all steps in the collection, processing, storing and sharing of research data, including:
- Processing and analyzing your data
- Verifying and documenting your data
- Data formats, naming, and organization
- Data archiving and sharing
- Ethics and attribution of data
The Library can help you with data management planning and archiving of research data; Research Computing can help with storage and processing needs while you are working on your project.
Data Management Services
The Library provides services to assist faculty and student researchers with using, managing, and sharing their data.
- Data management plans: help writing data management plans, particularly for grant proposals
- Data storage: platforms to archive and provide access to your data after project completion
- Data management workshops: Request a workshop for your class, lab, research group, and other groups on specific aspects of data management
- Data management audits: audits of your current data management practices to find gaps or problems