What You Need to Know
- Course Number and Name
- Expected enrollment (How many students in your class)
- Loan period: 2 Hours or 24 Hours
- Term: Fall, Winter, Spring and/or Summer
Policies & Processing Information
- Please submit reserve requests 2 weeks before the term starts.
- At the beginning of each term, allow up to one week for processing.
- Requests are processed in the order received.
- The complete citation and high quality reproductions speed processing.
- Copyright Policy for Course Reserves (All materials are subject to copyright policies.)
Options for Submitting Course Reserves
- Submit Course Reserves Requests Online
- Email Course Reserves Staff Include PDF, course name/number, loan period — 2 hours, 24 hours, or eReserve, and term.
- Contact Your Subject Librarian Use this option for multiple purchase requests.
- Suggest a Purchase If purchased, the item will be placed on reserve and added to the collection.
- Bring materials and submit forms in person at the 1st Floor Circulation Desk.
Procedures by Material Type
Articles / Chapters for Electronic Reserve
- Provide a legible print copy that can be scanned, or email PDF.
- Under Fair Use guidelines, one chapter from a book may be placed on electronic reserve or one article per issue, but we will seek publisher permission for all requests.
- Student-created Materials Release/Request Form. (Student-created materials require the student’s permission.)
Books / DVDs
- Bring Library-owned material to the 1st floor Circulation Desk, or provide our call number. (DVDs are behind the Circulation Desk.)
- Bring personal copies to the Circulation Desk; designate your preference for return: pick-up or departmental delivery.
- Materials from Summit or Interlibrary Loan may not be placed on reserve.
- All course pack material must have copyright clearance.
- Contact the PSU Bookstore: (503) 725-3780 (Ask for the Course Pack Coordinator).
- Bring copyright-cleared course packs to the Circulation Desk.
Lecture Notes and Past Exams
- Provide a legible print copy that can be scanned, or email the files.
- Preferred file formats: PDF, Word, PowerPoint, or Excel
- Bring materials and completed Student Created Materials Release Form to the Circulation Desk.