During the summer, the Circulation Desk and the 1st floor Library Computer Lab will be open limited hours to currently enrolled (summer term) students, in addition to PSU faculty, and staff. A PSU ID card is required to enter the building. All other library spaces are closed to promote social distancing. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Please note: Due to furloughs of University employees the Library will be closed Friday – Sunday until further notice.
Laptops, Chromebooks, and Equipment
- The library is offering term-long laptop and Chromebook checkouts during summer term. In addition, we have wifi hotspots, webcams, headsets, and document cameras available.
- Laptops and equipment are first-come, first-served.
- Equipment can be checked out directly from the Circulation Desk or sent by mail if requested through our Home Delivery form.
- Please return equipment to the Circulation Desk during operating hours. If you are unable to make it to campus, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a return shipping label to your email address.
Circulation Desk Pick Up
- Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff can request PSU-owned books, DVDs, and CDs using the request form and pick them up at the Circulation Desk during open hours.
- Due to staffing reductions and high demand, please limit your requests to five items a week and allow 3-4 days for staff to process requests.
- Please use the Home Delivery Request Form to request to have a book or laptop sent to your home address.
- Only books owned by and currently available at the PSU Library are available for Home Delivery. Please search the Library Catalog to check availability before making your request.
- Currently enrolled students and faculty may pick up books on hold from the Circulation Desk.
Course Reserves and Scanning Service
- During summer term, the library will offer scanning services to all students and faculty. Print course reserves are only available through scanning and are not available or check out at the Circulation Desk.
- For Books (including course reserve textbooks): Up to two chapters can be requested a day.
- For Articles: Up to two articles can be requested a day.
Request Scanning of an Article or Book Chapter
Please use the Scanning Request Form to submit a request for an article or book chapter.
- If you are unable to come to campus to return a checked out Summit item, you can request a due date extension by calling 503-725-5874 or emailing email@example.com.
Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- We have suspended borrowing physical items through Interlibrary Loan until further notice. We will continue to supply electronic articles and ebook chapters when possible, but many libraries are closed and availability will be limited.
- Document Delivery services for items in our general collection will continue, but may be delayed by high demand. We encourage patrons to use the Scanning Service described above in place of Document Delivery.
- Office and departmental delivery is suspended until further notice. Faculty can use the Home Delivery Form or the Scanning Request Form to access library materials.
Fines and Fees
- From now until the the beginning of fall term, the library will not be charging late fines for items from our general collection and Summit and Interlibrary Loan. The library will continue to extend the due dates for books coming due (including Summit and Interlibrary Loan) until further notice.
- Books, DVDs, and CDs can be returned at the Circulation Desk or to the outside book drops. The walk-up book drop is located at the top of the south staircase. The other book drop is located near the SRTC building on SW 10th and Montgomery.