Starting on Monday, September 20th the library stacks will reopen to PSU students, staff, and faculty for browsing and individual study. A PSU ID card is required to enter the building. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Laptops, Chromebooks, and Equipment
- The library is offering term-long laptop and Chromebook checkouts to those enrolled in fall term classes. In addition, we have webcams, headsets, and document cameras. Check out the Laptops & Equipment page for more detail and current availability.
- Equipment can be checked out directly from the Circulation Desk or sent by mail if requested through our Home Delivery Request Form.
- Laptops and equipment are first-come, first-served.
- Please return equipment to the Circulation Desk during operating hours. If you are unable to make it to campus, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a return shipping label to your email address.
- Long-term equipment loans check out for six weeks, and can be renewed through your My Accounts page.
Circulation Desk Pick Up
- Currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff can request PSU-owned books and media for in-person pickup through the Library Catalog. You will be notified when your item is available at the Circulation Desk.
- Due to staffing reductions and high demand, please limit your requests to five items per week and allow 2-3 business days for staff to process requests.
- Please use the Home Delivery Request Form to request to have a book, DVD, laptop, or other available item shipped to your home address.
- Books owned by and currently available at the PSU Library and participating Summit libraries are available for Home Delivery. Please search the Library Catalog to check availability before making your request, and limit your home delivery book requests to five items per week.
- Currently enrolled students and faculty may pick up equipment and books on hold from the Circulation Desk.
Scanning Services and Document Delivery
- As the library shifts out of fully remote services and returns to our pre-pandemic observance of copyright restrictions, we are discontinuing the Scanning Request Form and resuming our Document Delivery service. Through Document Delivery we’re able to offer journal article and single book chapter scanning, in keeping with copyright and fair use.
- Course Reserve scanning is not available through Document Delivery.
- Due to high demand and reduced staffing, please limit requests to four a week and expect at least a 5-6 business day wait time.
- Short-term checkouts of course reserve books are available for fall term at the Circulation Desk.
- For students: Search the Library Catalog for your course number or the title of the book. If the book is available, bring the call number to the Circulation Desk for short term checkout. Scanners are available on the 1st floor of the library for students to scan needed textbook chapters.
- For faculty: Please use the Course Reserves Request Form to place an item on course reserve. For more details, see our Submission Guidelines or contact email@example.com.
- Many of the Summit libraries are loaning materials during fall term. Please allow 7-10 business days for your requests to arrive at PSU and be aware that there may be an increase in cancellation notices, as not all libraries are participating.
- Summit requests can be made through the Library Catalog. You will be notified when your requested item arrives at PSU and is available for pickup at the Circulation Desk. To have a Summit item shipped to you, respond to the notification email with your mailing address.
- We are unable to offer scanning of Summit book chapters or delivery to campus departments.
- The library will not charge daily overdue fines for Summit materials during fall term. Due dates, lost book charges, and processing fees still apply. Summit items requested after December 2020 are eligible for one six-week renewal. To request a renewal for a Summit book, login to your library account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unable to come to campus to return a checked out Summit item, you may request a shipping label by emailing email@example.com.
- Due to reduced staffing, we have limited borrowing physical items through Interlibrary Loan to two requests per person per week. We will continue to supply electronic articles and ebook chapters when possible, but some libraries remain closed and availability may be limited.
- Office and departmental delivery is suspended until further notice. Faculty can use the Home Delivery Request Form to access library materials.
Fines and Fees
- During fall term, the library will not be charging daily late fines for library materials, though due dates still apply. To request a renewal for a PSU Library or Summit book, login to your library account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lost book charges and processing fees still apply for all library materials, including those from Summit and Interlibrary Loan.
- Books, DVDs, and CDs can be returned at the Circulation Desk or to the outside book drops. The walk-up book drop is located at the top of the south staircase. The other book drop is located near the SRTC building on SW 10th and Montgomery.
- At the beginning of the pandemic the Library and OIT managed an emergency WiFi hotspot lending program to help students make the sudden transition to fully remote classes. The Library and OIT discontinued the program at the end of Summer 2021, due to significant budgetary and logistical challenges, including a safety recall for the majority of the hotspot units. We apologize that we are unable to continue this service, and for any inconvenience.
- Students seeking financial assistance with internet services might benefit from federal subsidy programs like Emergency Broadband Benefit or the Lifeline Program.