During summer term, the Circulation Desk and the 1st floor Library Computer Lab will be open limited hours to currently enrolled students, in addition to PSU faculty and staff. A PSU ID card is required to enter the building. All other library spaces are closed to promote social distancing. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Laptops, Chromebooks, and Equipment
- The library is offering term-long laptop and Chromebook checkouts to those enrolled in summer term classes. In addition, we have webcams, headsets, and document cameras. Check out the Laptops & Equipment page for more detail and current availability.
- Equipment can be checked out directly from the Circulation Desk or sent by mail if requested through our Home Delivery Request Form.
- Laptops and equipment are first-come, first-served. Due to high demand, we currently have a waitlist for laptops. Please submit Home Delivery requests to put your name on the waitlist.
- Please return equipment to the Circulation Desk during operating hours. If you are unable to make it to campus, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a return shipping label to your email address.
- Laptops and equipment checked out for summer term may be eligible for fall term use. If you currently have equipment checked out for summer term, the Library will contact you by email before the end of term to share further information about the renewal process.
Circulation Desk Pick Up
- Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff can request books, DVDs, and CDs using the Circulation Desk Pickup Request Form and pick them up at the Circulation Desk during open hours.
- Due to staffing reductions and high demand, please limit your requests to five items per week and allow 3-4 business days for staff to process requests.
- Please use the Home Delivery Request Form to request to have a book, DVD, laptop, WiFi hotspot, or other available item shipped to your home address. We currently have waitlists for laptops; submit a Home Delivery request to put your name on the waitlist.
- Books owned by and currently available at the PSU Library and participating Summit libraries are available for Home Delivery. Please search the Library Catalog to check availability before making your request, and limit your home delivery book requests to five items per week.
- Currently enrolled students and faculty may pick up equipment and books on hold from the Circulation Desk.
- During summer term, the library will offer scanning services of PSU Library-owned materials to all students, staff, and faculty. Please use the Scanning Request Form to submit a request for an article or book chapter.
- Due to high demand and reduced on-site staffing, please limit scanning requests to four book chapters or journal articles per week. Please expect at least a 5-6 business day wait time for each request.
- Books and journals from the PSU Library’s main collection, offsite storage, and course reserves are eligible for scanning. Summit books and instructor-owned items not on course reserves are not eligible for this service.
- Due to social distancing restrictions and materials quarantining, the Circulation Desk will not be loaning physical copies of course reserve textbooks or audiovisual materials during summer term. The library will make course reserve materials available electronically whenever possible.
- For students: Search the Library Catalog for your course number or the title of the book. If the book is not listed as available online, you can submit a scanning request to receive a PDF of the chapter you need. Scanning requests are limited to four chapters per week.
- For faculty: Please use the Course Reserves Request Form to place an item on course reserve. For more details, see our Submission Guidelines or contact email@example.com.
- Many of the Summit libraries are loaning materials during summer term. Please allow 7-10 business days for your requests to arrive at PSU and be aware that there may be an increase in cancellation notices, as not all libraries are participating.
- Summit requests can be made through the Library Catalog. You will be notified when your requested item arrives at PSU and is available for pickup at the Circulation Desk. To have a Summit item shipped to you, respond to the notification email with your mailing address.
- We are unable to offer scanning of Summit book chapters or delivery to campus departments.
- The library will not charge daily overdue fines for Summit materials during summer term. Due dates, lost book charges, and processing fees still apply. Summit items requested after December 2020 are eligible for one six-week renewal. To request a renewal for a Summit book, login to your library account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unable to come to campus to return a checked out Summit item, you may request a shipping label by emailing email@example.com.
Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- Due to reduced staffing, we have limited borrowing physical items through Interlibrary Loan to two requests per person per week. We will continue to supply electronic articles and ebook chapters when possible, but many libraries are closed and availability will be limited.
- Document Delivery services for items in our general collection will continue, but may be delayed by high demand. We encourage patrons to use the Scanning Service described above in place of Document Delivery.
- Office and departmental delivery is suspended until further notice. Faculty can use the Home Delivery Request Form or the Scanning Request Form to access library materials.
Fines and Fees
- During summer term, the library will not be charging daily late fines for library materials, though due dates still apply. To request a renewal for a PSU Library or Summit book, login to your library account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lost book charges and processing fees still apply for all library materials, including those from Summit and Interlibrary Loan.
- Books, DVDs, and CDs can be returned at the Circulation Desk or to the outside book drops. The walk-up book drop is located at the top of the south staircase. The other book drop is located near the SRTC building on SW 10th and Montgomery.