Learning Ground Lab & Sandbox
1st Floor Computer Lab
Learning Ground Lab & Sandbox (north end of the 1st floor) has wheelchair accessible computers, scanners, black & white and color printing, and a collaborative study area that includes mobile furniture, writable walls, computers with 55″ displays, and wall-mounted touch-screen computers.
Library Research Center
2nd Floor Computer Lab
Reference Librarians staff the Library Research Center (2nd floor
across from the elevators). There are 80 lab computers (PC and Mac),
accessibility stations, desktop and book scanners, and black & white
and color printing. A technology support desk is located next to the
main reference desk.
Please note, computer labs are for PSU affiliates only. Research Kiosks are available for visitor use.
- These computers provide access to the Library catalog, research databases, and designated educational websites.
- A row of visitor-use research kiosks is on the 2nd floor, south wall, and other kiosks are located throughout the Library. Stand-up research kiosks have a 15 minute limit.
- Document editing is limited to Notepad, Wordpad and Google Documents.
- Downloaded files can be saved to a USB drive, CD/DVD, or sent as an email attachment using “.edu” web-based email systems.
- Printing for members of the public costs 10 cents per page through the Library’s GoPrint system.
- Web-based Printing allows students to submit print jobs through the campus system and use print quota credit.