To link to a specific article from PSU Library’s licensed databases, use a persistent link with the PSU proxy (a direct and stable link that includes PSU authentication). Persistent proxied links are necessary because our subscription databases are only accessible off campus with a PSU Odin username and password.
Use the Proxied URL tool below to create proxied links. Simply copy and paste a persistent URL from any of our databases or article DOI number into this box, then click “Create Link!” The box will display the new, proxied URL. Copy this URL and paste it into a Desire2Learn (D2L) course, email, or syllabus.
Important Notes About D2L:
- Use the Insert Stuff tool to link to library resources. The Insert Quicklinks tool does not work for proxied resources.
- Article links in D2L need to open outside of D2L; please select “Open in new window” when creating links within D2L.
Ready-made Persistent Proxied Links
The following vendors provide ready-made links that you can copy and paste:
Creating Persistent Proxied Links
- Identify the unique persistent link or article DOI; for example: http://www.jstor.org/stable/3117718 or 10.1016/j.aei.2005.07.007
- Use the link builder tool to add the PSU Library proxy (http://stats.lib.pdx.edu/proxy.php?url=)
Your full proxied link will look like this:
- If a unique persistent link: http://stats.lib.pdx.edu/proxy.php?url=http://www.jstor.org/stable/3117718
- If a DOI: http://stats.lib.pdx.edu/proxy.php?url=http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aei.2005.07.007
Link Builder Tool
The proxy prefix should be part of all library article and database URLs. This prefix allows PSU students, faculty, and staff with valid Odin accounts access to the content.
Simply copy and paste a persistent URL from any of our databases or DOI number into this box, then click “Create Link!” The new, proxied URL will display immediately above the box. Copy this URL and paste as needed (into a D2L course, email, etc.).