The Portland State University Library supports open access to our scholarship and knowledge.
We, the faculty of Portland State University Library, resolve the following:
- To disseminate our scholarship as broadly as possible. We endeavor to make our scholarly work openly accessible conforming with generally accepted Open Access principles. Whenever possible, we make our scholarship available in digital format, online, and free of charge.
- To publish our scholarly works with a Creative Commons license whenever possible.
- To make publicly available the full text of our scholarly works by depositing those works in PDXScholar as soon as is possible, recognizing that some publishers may impose an embargo period.
- To seek publishers whose policies allow us to make our scholarly works freely available online. When a publisher’s policies do not allow us to make our works freely available online, we resolve to engage in good faith negotiations with the publisher to allow deposit of pre- or post-print versions of our scholarly work in the digital repository.
- To promote Open Access on campus and assist scholars in making their research openly available.
The resolution was adopted by the Portland State University Library faculty February 14, 2012 and amended in March 2017.
The resolution was superseded by the Portland State University Open Access Policy.