Selecting and Embedding Online Materials for Your Classes
- Use library-provided ebooks. Most ebooks allow for an unlimited number of users to access at the same time.
- Looking for streaming films or documentaries?
- Several providers are expanding their content in response to the crisis. Visit our Expanded Online Content for Summer Term: Streaming Options page for updates.
- Interested in exploring open educational resources (OER) to supplement your online teaching? Visit our Open Educational Resources Guide.
- Questions about scanning services, interlibrary loan, and home delivery of materials and equipment? Visit our Library Services – Summer 2020 page.
- Need images of rare books or documents from the archives? Contact Special Collections and University Archives to discuss digital options.
- Use the Link Builder tool to create a proxied link — a link with the Library’s URL prefix — to ensure PSU students, staff, and faculty can access licensed online content anywhere, OR
- Copy the link presented to you when finding online materials in the library catalog.
- If you cannot find the material you need, contact your subject librarian to discuss options.
- Contact your subject librarian regarding library instruction options and other library learning tools to embed into your learning platform:
- Portland State University Library’s YouTube Channel
- Subject and Course Library Guides
- Short video on Signing in to Access Library Resources
- How to Guides & Tutorials (Citations, Evaluating Resources, etc.)
- Information Literacy Toolkit: Resources to help scaffold research skills into classes.
Virtual Research Consultations
- Chat reference is available 24/7 for you and your students. We encourage your students to ask their question using our chat reference service first.Subject librarians are available for more in-depth questions.
Copyright and Online Instruction
- Contact your subject librarian regarding questions or concerns about copyright and the use of online resources in courses. The library also has a Copyright & Fair Use Page.