Selecting and Embedding Online Materials for Your Classes
- Use library-provided ebooks. Most ebooks allow for an unlimited number of users to access at the same time.
- Find streaming films or documentaries
- Interested in exploring open educational resources (OER) to supplement your online teaching? Visit our Open Educational Resources Guide.
- Need images of rare books or documents from the archives? Contact Special Collections and University Archives to discuss digital options.
- Use the Link Builder tool to create a proxied link (a link with the Library’s URL prefix to ensure PSU students, staff, and faculty can access licensed online content anywhere), or copy the link for the online resource in the library catalog.
- Questions about scanning services, interlibrary loan, and home delivery of materials and equipment? Visit our Library Services – Fall 2022 page.
- If you cannot find the material you need, contact your subject librarian to discuss options.
- To have print materials scanned and placed on electronic course reserve for your students, please use the Course Reserves Request Form.
- Contact your subject librarian regarding library instruction options
- Utilize our Subject and Course Guides, or request a new course guide from your subject librarian
- Point students to our How to Guides & Tutorials (Citations, Evaluating Resources, etc.)
- Embed tutorial videos and other instruction into your learning platform from Portland State University Library’s YouTube Channel or MediaSpace
- Integrate research skills into your course with the Information Literacy Toolkit
Virtual Research Consultations
- Chat reference is available 24/7 for you and your students. We encourage your students to ask their question using our chat reference service first. Subject librarians are available for more in-depth questions.
Copyright and Online Instruction
- Contact your subject librarian regarding questions or concerns about copyright and the use of online resources in courses. The library also has a Copyright & Fair Use Page.