Instituted by the Constitution of the Portland State University Faculty Article IV, section 4f.
The University Library Committee will:
- Advise the University Librarian on policies concerning the library budget, collections, services, and the use of space.
- Act as an advocate for the library on behalf of the Faculty Senate.
- Make recommendations on the principles guiding library purchases and acquisitions according to college, school and departmental needs.
- Act as a liaison to faculty and students.
- Report to the Senate at least once each year.
2013-14 Library Committee members are:
Chairperson: Jon Holt, Assistant Professor, Japanese Literature
Elizabeth Almer, Associate Professor, Accounting
David Bullock, Mngr. of Technology & Dir. of the Metropolitan Instructional Support Laboratory, Graduate School of Education
Michael R. Clark, Research Administrator, Engineering & Computer Science
Kevin Hill, Associate Professor, Philosophy
Maura Kelly, Assistant Professor, Sociology
Susan Masta, Associate Professor, Biology
Brian Turner, Assistant Professor, History