Instituted by the Constitution of the Portland State University Faculty Article IV, section 4f.
The University Library Committee will:
- Advise the University Librarian on policies concerning the library budget, collections, services, and the use of space.
- Act as an advocate for the library on behalf of the Faculty Senate.
- Make recommendations on the principles guiding library purchases and acquisitions according to college, school and departmental needs.
- Act as a liaison to faculty and students.
- Report to the Senate at least once each year.
2012-13 Library Committee members are:
Chairperson: Michael R. Clark, Research Administrator, Engineering & Computer Science
Elizabeth Almer, Associate Professor, Accounting
Jack Corbett, Associate Professor, Public Administration
Jon Holt, Assistant Professor, Japanese Literature
Susan Masta, Associate Professor, Biology
Brian Turner, Assistant Professor, History
Amber Kesall, Student Representative
Thomas Howell, Student Representative