What is Zotero?
Zotero is a free citation-management plugin for the Firefox web browser that helps you manage your sources as you do academic research.
- Zotero lets you save citation information from sources as you find them on websites, in library catalogs, or in subscription databases.
- Once you've saved a citation, you can edit the citation information, add notes, attach files, assign tags, and organize your citations.
- Zotero can then generate properly formatted citations in whatever format you need.
- You can integrate Zotero with your word processor and easily insert citations from your Zotero library as you write your paper. Zotero can then automatically generate a properly formatted bibliography for the items you’ve cited.
- Zotero can sync your library between multiple computers, giving you access to your sources, notes, and even any attached files from all the computers you use.
- You can create shared Zotero libraries that can be developed and used collaboratively by groups of Zotero users.