The Library usually stays open 24 hours during dead week and finals week.
Only PSU students, faculty, and staff may be in the Library overnight. After midnight, when the doors are locked, enter by scanning your white PSU ID Card (shown on the right) at the card reader by the ADA-accessible door. Don’t have a white ID card? Stop by ID Card Services in Neuberger Lobby.
Branford’s Bean Café will be open for extended hours.
Getting To and From the Library
- Campus Safety Escort Service has security officers available to walk you to your car or residence hall. Call Dispatch at (503) 725-4407.
- College Housing Northwest (CHN) offers usually offers extended hours for the Goose Hollow Shuttle.
Text Shuttle Phone:
- Room 160, near the elevators on the 1st floor, will generally be open as extra study space.
- Please keep your valuables with you if you leave your desk or table.
Don’t Forget to Return Your Books!
Return your books inside the Library, or use one of the two book drops outside.
Outside Book Drop Locations
- There is one book drop on the Library’s curve, at the top of the south-side ramp.
- Another book drop is at SW 10th & Montgomery, near the Science Research & Teaching Building, accessible by car.
Entering the Library Overnight: A Photo Essay
Make sure you can get into the Library overnight. Mary will show you how.
|Mary needs her white PSU ID/Access Card to enter the Library late at night.||Mary places her PSU ID card near the black card reader at the ADA-accessible entrance.||After scanning her PSU ID card, Mary pushes the blue ADA-accessible door button.||Mary waits a few seconds. That door takes a long time to open!||She made it! |
Follow the same steps for 24/7 late night Library access.