| "I used the Practice Presentation Room before my class and I was very impressed! The directions on how to use the computer were clear, and the room is pleasant and quiet. My team and I spent about an hour in there working on our presentation and it helped so much. We were able to fix spelling errors and work out the order of our PowerPoint slides."
- PSU Graduate Student
Who Can Use the Practice Presentation Rooms?
Current Portland State students may book a Practice Presentation Room online.
Reserving the Room
- Check-out the key at the Circulation Desk, 1st floor of Millar Library
- Users must present their current Portland State IDs
- Whiteboards and dry erase markers are available in the room
Description of Practice Presentation Rooms
|Getting ready for an in-class presentation? You can use a Practice Presentation Room in the Library to gain confidence with campus-standard classroom equipment!
|The ASPSU has partnered with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and with the Library to equip and furnish two Practice Presentation Rooms (Library #304 and #20) to enhance student access to Library services. These rooms help students gain experience and confidence for their in-class presentations by providing them with the same computing and presentation equipment they encounter in "technology smart" classrooms on campus. Additionally, these technology-rich rooms can be used by students for small-group seminars, discussions, and digital video-viewing sessions.|
Equipment in these rooms includes a Klasstech media-center podium; Dell Desktop PC; VHS & CD/DVD Player with Dolby Digital Sound; ceiling-mounted projector; and a wall-mounted projection screen. Both rooms are furnished with a modular conference table that can be moved into different configurations, a large whiteboard, and eight comfortable chairs.
Technical Support - Call 725-9100 for support
Consult the Equipment User's Guide for the room. Students can call 503-725-9100 for technical help from the ITS/OIT Classroom Audiovisual Services (CAVS) office during regular office hours: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 10:00 pm; Friday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm; Saturday, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Support is provided to assist with any minor system problems or questions which may occur related to use of the equipment. Telephone support is the primary service.
When finished with the room, remember to:
- Log off of your computer session.
- Push the OFF button on the podium panel. (It takes a few minutes for the OFF button to turn off the projector.)
- Clean up the table, and remove your papers, containers and garbage from the room.
- Put the furniture and chairs back into their original positions.
- Turn off the lights in the room.
- Make sure the door is locked after you leave.
Practice Presentation Room Fines
- Plus any accrued fines
- Non-refundable $20 service charge
|Questions? Contact Circulation|