Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Afternoon reception, 4-6pm.
Thursday, July 24, 2014
- We'll start the day with breakfast and a keynote with Alison Head from Project Information Literacy. Late morning and afternoon include conference sessions and lunch. In the evening, we'll enjoy dinner and a cruise on the Portland Spirit. (Meals are included in the conference fees.)
Friday, July 25, 2014
- A full day of sessions, including breakfast and lunch and ending in late afternoon. (Meals are included in the conference fees.)
Conference Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at our conference are required to follow this code of conduct. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for all.
Library Instruction West is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a Portland State University Library librarian or staff immediately, who will refer you to our Conduct Officer or Conference Chair. Conference organizers will be happy to help participants contact PSU Campus Public Safety or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at conference venues and conference-related social events.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
- Barbara Glackin, Conference Conduct Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joan Petit, Conference Chair: email@example.com
- PSU Campus Public Safety: 503-725-4407
- Portland Police Emergency: 911
- Radio Cab (taxi service): 503-227-1212
The LIW Code of Conduct is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers.