The purpose of library instruction is to facilitate students' engagement in creative and critical thinking about research and information resources. Our work supports students’ development as knowledge creators, lifelong learners, and participants in scholarly and academic conversations.
The Library Instruction Program Learning Outcomes describe the breadth of our program and provide a sense of how our instruction can help meet your goals for student research.
For Example, Librarians Can:
- Provide direct in-person instruction
- Create online, web-based tools targeted to your particular course and assignment
- Collaborate with instructors to design research assignments that make the best use of PSU Library resources and ensure student success
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions for graduate assistants, peer mentors or others who may be working on the course
How to Get Library Instruction
- Contact Your Subject Librarian to discuss your instructional goals and options for how to reach them
- Use the Instruction Request Form to schedule a session with your class
- Examples of Online Support for Instruction