Arthur Hendricks, MA, MLS
Reference Librarian, Information Consultant
BA, English Literature University of California, Riverside
MA, English Literature University of California, Riverside
MLS University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Areas of Responsibility in the Library My duties include, but are not limited to, providing reference service live and virtually, and scheduling and teaching drop-in classes. I am the subject specialist for Speech and Hearing and Philosophy.
- Human Computer Interfaces (HCI)
- Participate in L-Net
- Participate in PSU L-Net
Selected Recent Publications
- "From exhaustion to exhilaration: assessing librarian job satisfaction with virtual reference", Library Hi Tech, vol. 31, (2013), no. 1, 42 - 63.
- "Bloggership, or Is Publishing a Blog Scholarship?: A survey of academic librarians", Library Hi Tech, vol. 28, (2010), no. 3, 470 - 477.
- "SUSHI, not just a tasty lunch anymore: The development of the NISO Committee SU's SUSHI standard", Library Hi Tech, vol. 25, (2007), no. 3, 422-429.
- "Webmasters, web policies, and academic libraries: a survey", Library Hi Tech, vol. 25 (2007), no. 1, 136-146.
- "A Cost-Effective Virtual Reference Service: Are Users Satisfied?" Journal of Library and Information Science, vol. 31 (2005), no 1, April, 79-86.
- "The Development of the NISO Committee AX's OpenURL Standard", Information Technology and Libraries, vol. 22 (2003), no. 3, September, 32-37.
- "Libraries and Desktop Storage Options: Results of a Web-Based Survey", Library Hi Tech, vol. 20 (2002), no. 3, 270-284.
- Review of Managing Public-Access PCs by Charles Barclay, Campus-Wide Information Systems vol. 17 (2000), issue 5.
- "ASIS Mid-year 1999: Evaluating and Using Networked Information Resources and Services", Library Hi Tech News, November (1999), no. 167, 9-14.
- "Online Northwest 1999: Technology in Libraries in the Pacific Northwest", Library Hi Tech News vol. 16 (1999), no. 6, 11-13
Selected Recent Presentations
- 5 Minute Lightning Talk, 2012 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit, Gleneden Beach, OR May 25, 2012
- 5 Minute Lightning Talk, 2011 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit, the Dalles, OR June 10, 2011
- 5 Minute Lightning Talk, 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit, Troutdale, OR May 7, 2010
- "Introduction to HTML session one and two", Oregon Library Association Staff Support Division, Salem, OR July 18, 2003
- "Introduction to Basic HTML Workshop", all day workshop sponsored by the Oregon Library Association Staff Support Division, Portland, OR July 19, 2002
- "Electronic Reference and Knowledge Management", Online NorthWest, Eugene, OR, March 2002
- Organized and moderated a panel on "Library Services for Distance Education - What it Takes",Online NorthWest, Portland, OR February 2000
- "Cascading Style Sheets", Online NorthWest, Portland, OR, February 1998
- "/httpd -d .: Installing NCSA's HTTPd as a user, not root", Program Session #17, Notis Users Group Meeting (NUGM), Chicago, IL September, 1996
- Member of the LITA Library Hi Tech Award Committee, 2010-2011
- Member of the LITA Webcommittee, 2010-2012
- Member of the Oregon Authors Committee (Oregon Library Association), 2007-2009
- Technology Chair for the year 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 Oregon Library Association conference