Includes full text U.S. federal and state tax publications, including editorial materials and primary source materials such as Internal Revenue Code, Federal Tax Cases, and editorial materials.
Includes full text U.S. federal and state tax publications, including news, tools, editorial materials, and primary source materials such as Internal Revenue Code, Federal Tax Cases, and editorial materials.
The regular link above works for most users. However, students can register for an individual account that enables personalization features such as Folders. This account expires on a semester basis and students need to re-register if they want to continue using the individual account.
To register for a Checkpoint individual account:
- Go to http://ria.thomson.com/cploginids. This link is only accessible from a computer on the campus IP range (e.g., computers in the library or any OIT lab).
- Fill out the registration form. If the link doesn't work, change to a different browser (e.g., Chrome).
- After you “register”, you will receive an e-mail with your Checkpoint username and temporary password (the usernames are fairly long and can’t be changed.) The e-mail contains a link to Checkpoint. (This normally takes less than 10 minutes.)
- Go to Checkpoint using the link in the e-mail you receive or go to: http://www.checkpoint.riag.com.
- Enter your User Name provided above. User Names and passwords are not case sensitive.
- Click the Login button. You will go through New User Setup screens, including a prompt to change your password. New passwords must be 7-20 characters and at least one letter and one number.
- Once this process is finished, you can now access Checkpoint from any computer that has internet access (it does not need to be connected to the university) at http://www.checkpoint.riag.com
- The account will expire after the default semester. Users need to re-register to gain access.
- If you have any problems, please call Customer Support at 1-800-431-9025.
** if you are using Internet Explorer 8, verify that you are in “compatibility view” in order to accept the license agreement. To switch,clicking on the Tools menu, and choosing Compatibility View.
Access is restricted to authorized users only (current Portland State University students, faculty, and staff).
Licensed for use by on-site patrons and current Portland State University students, faculty, and staff.