- Bunnelle, J., Emery, J., Levine-Clark, M., McElroy, E., McKee, A., Page, M. (2013/2014) "Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention." Against the Grain. v..25. #6, p.77-78.
- Frank, Donald G. and Schroeder, Robert. “Meeting the Challenges of Professional Committee Meetings,” Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research, 2013.
- Emery, Jill. When a Collection is Not a Collection. SPARC Open Access Meeting, Kansas City, MO, on March 4, 2014.
- Emery, Jill. Breaking Silos: Staffing for the Open Access Library. Association of Subscription Agents & Intermediaries, London, UK. February 24, 2014.
- Ford, Emily. Publish or Perish 2014: The Future of Scholarly Publishing and Careers. February 13-14, 2014. Davis, CA. “Open Peer Review: Directions and Challenges.”
Awards & Honors
- Sara Brehm, Library Circulation Technician, was awarded the Oregon Library Association's Library Employee of the Year on April 18, 2014.
- Emery, Jill. "It's a Small World After All: Traveling Beyond the Viewpoint of American Exceptionalism to the Rise of the Author." The Charleston Advisor, October 2013.
- Emery, Jill. "The Role of the Modern Intermediary and What Constitutes Value in the Library of 2012." Against the Grain. February 2013, V.25 no.1 p.27-29.
- Emery, Jill and Graham Stone. “Techniques for Electronic Resource Management,” Library Technology Reports, February/March 2013, vol. 49, no. 2.
- Farkas, Meredith G., and Lisa J. Hinchliffe. "Library Faculty and Instructional Assessment: Creating a Culture of Assessment through the High Performance Programming Model of Organizational Transformation." Collaborative Librarianship 5.3 (2013).
- Emily R. Ford, Laura Zeigen (2013), "Interinstitutional Library Collaboration: Support for a Joint Master of Public Health Program," in Anne Woodsworth, W. David Penniman (ed.) Mergers and Alliances: The Operational View and Cases (Advances in Librarianship, Volume 37), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.59-79
- Ford, Emily. "Becoming a Writer-Librarian.” In the Library with the Lead Pipe, May 8, 2013.
- Ford, Emily. “Keeping Your Copyrights is Easier than You May Think.” LPSS News, Volume 28, Number 2, Spring 2013.
- Ford, Emily. “Is digital better than analog? Considerations for online card sort studies.” College & Research Libraries News, May 2013, vol. 74 no. 5 258-261.
- Ford, Emily. “Defining and Characterizing Open Peer Review: A Review of the Literature.” Journal of Scholarly Publishing, Volume 44, Number 4, July 2013.
- Hendricks, Arthur and Sherry Buchanan. (2013) "From exhaustion to exhilaration: assessing librarian job satisfaction with virtual reference", Library Hi Tech, Vol. 31 Iss: 1, pp.42 - 63
- Hofer, Amy R. "Giving Games the Old College Try.” In the Library with the Lead Pipe, December 18, 2013.
- Hofer, Amy R., Brunetti, Korey, and Townsend, Lori. "A Thresholds Concepts Approach to the Standards Revision." Communications in Information Literacy, Vol 7, No 2 (2013)
- Farkas, Meredith G. (2013) "Building and sustaining a culture of assessment: best practices for change leadership", Reference Services Review, Vol. 41 Iss: 1, pp.13 - 31.
- Farkas, Meredith G. (Winter, 2013). "Web Conferencing Software". Tips and Trends, Instruction Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Farkas, Meredith G. "Accountability vs. Improvement: Seeking Balance in the Value of Academic Libraries Initiative." OLA Quarterly 19.1 (2013): 4-7. http://www.olaweb.org/assets/OLAQ/olaq_19no1.pdf
- Farkas, Meredith G. "Mobile Learning: The Teacher in your Pocket." The Handheld Library: Mobile Technology and the Librarian. Eds. Thomas A. Peters and Lori Bell. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, 2013.
- Bjork, Karen, Sue Kunda, David Isaak, and Kay Vyhnanek. (February 8, 2013) “Creating New Partnerships: Strategies for Growing Your Repository.” Online Northwest 2013, Corvallis, OR.
- Emery, Jill. “Developing TERMS: techniques for electronic resource management” presented on 18 March 2013 at the Electronic Resources & Libraries Conference, Austin, TX.
- Farkas, Meredith. Embedding the Library into the Online Learning Experience in Higher Education.” ALCTS Midwinter Symposium, Seattle, WA, January 25, 2013.
- Farkas, Meredith. "Creating a Culture of Assessment: Determinants of Success.” Association of College and Research Libraries 2013 Conference, Indianapolis, IN, April 12, 2013.
- Ford, Emily (February 8, 2013) “From 3x5 to LCD: Considerations and How-tos for Conducting Online Card Sort Studies.” Lightning talk at Online Northwest 2013, Corvallis, OR.
- Ford, Emily, Greenwalt, T., Stephens, W., and Cordell, R. (January 26, 2013) “Digital Literacy Forum: Setting the Agenda.” 2013 ALA Midwinter Meeting
- Ford, Emily. “From the Periphery into the Mainstream: Library DIY culture(s) and the academy." Panelist. With Erin Dorney, Kim Leeder, and Micah Vandegrift. Association of College and Research Libraries 2013 Conference, Indianapolis, IN, on April 11, 2013.
- Hofer, Amy (February 8, 2013) “Flipping the Distance Classroom.” Lightning talk at Online Northwest 2013, Corvallis, OR.
- Mealey, Nathan. "Engaging Students in Shaping Learning Spaces.” 2013 Higher Education Teaching & Learning Conference, Orlando, FL, January 10, 2013.
- Pendell, Kimberly and Elizabeth M. Withers (February 8, 2013) “Digital Literacy and Libraries: Insights from a Tutor-Facilitated Learning Model.” Online Northwest 2013, Corvallis, OR.
- Pendell, Kimberly and Annie Armstrong. “Mapping Standards to Content: Creating Research Guides using ACRL’s Psychology Information Literacy Standards.” Association of College and Research Libraries 2013 Conference, Indianapolis, IN, on April 11, 2013.
- Petit, Joan and Karen Sobel. "Free Online Technologies for Teaching and Learning." Webinar co-sponsored by ELIME-21 and Libraries Thriving. March 5, 2013.
- Chmelir, Lynn. “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow: Observations of an Interim Academic Library Director.” OLA Quarterly 18.1 (Spring 2012): 6-7.
- Emery, Jill. (June 2012) "The Demand Driven Acquisitions Pilot Project by the Orbis Cascade Alliance: An Interview with Members of the Demand Driven Acquisitions Implementation Team." Serials Review, Available online 8 June 2012, ISSN 0098-7913, 10.1016/j.serrev.2012.04.008.
- Farkas, Meredith (2012). “Participatory technologies, pedagogy 2.0 and information literacy”, Library Hi Tech, Vol. 30 Iss: 1, pp.82 – 94. Published version available from publisher Web site; pre-published version available in PDX Scholar.
- Farkas, Meredith (Spring 2012). "Research Guide Technologies". Tips and Trends, Instruction Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Ford, Emily and Bean, Carol (2012). "Open Ethos Publishing at Code4Lib Journal and In the Library with the Lead Pipe." In the Library with the Lead Pipe. December 12, 2012.
- Ford, Emily (2012). "What do we do and why do we do it?" In the Library with the Lead Pipe. August 8, 2012.
- Ford, Emily (2012). "Consensus Decision-Making and its Possibilities in Libraries." In the Library with the Lead Pipe. January 25, 2012.
- Frank, Donald (2012). "Social Security for Pre-Retirees: Basic Elements and Helpful Hints”. Pre- and Post-Retirement Tips for Librarians, American Library Association, 2012.
- Hofer, A.R., Townsend, L., & Brunetti, K. (2012). Troublesome concepts and information literacy: Investigating threshold concepts for IL instruction. portal: Libraries and the Academy 12(4).
- Paschild, Cristine. "Community Archives and the Limitations of Identity: Considering Discursive Impact on Material Needs" The American Archivist, vol. 75, Spring/Summer 2012.
- Pendell, Kimberly and Bowman, Michael (June 2012). "Usability Study of a Library's Mobile Website: An Example from Portland State University." Information technology & libraries Vol 31, No 2, p. 45.
- Petit, Joan. “Free Is the Best Price: Building Your Collection of Primary Sources with Free, Online, Digital Collections.” Something’s Gotta Give: Charleston Conference Proceedings, 2011. Ed. Beth R. Bernhardt, Leah H. Hinds, and Katina P. Stauch. West Lafayette, IN: Purdue UP, 2012. doi: 10.5703/1288284314884.
- Petit, Joan and Thomas Bielavitz. "Innovation on a Shoe String: High Impact Space and Technology Updates in a Low Funding Environment." Cases on Higher Education Spaces: Innovation, Collaboration, and Technology, Ed. by Russell Carpenter. Hershey, PA: IGI Global, 2012.
- Schroeder, Robert (2012). "Merging Critical Thinking and Information Literacy Outcomes—Making Meaning or Making Strategic Partnerships?" In Carroll Wetzel Wilkinson and Courtney Bruch (Eds.), Transforming Information Literacy Programs: Intersecting Frontiers of Self, Library Culture, and Campus Community. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, a division of the American Library Association.
- Cahoy, Elyssa and Robert Schroeder (2012). “Embedding Affective Learning Outcomes in Library Instruction”. Communications in Information Literacy 6 (1).
- Emery, Jill. International Association of Scientific, Technical & Medical Publishers 2012 Conference, Washington, D.C., 2 May 2012, "The Transformation of Libraries and their Users: Q & A with Librarians,member of a panel discussion"
- Emery, Jill. Association of Subscription Agents & Intermediaries 2012 Conference, London, UK, 28 February 2012, "The Role of the Modern Intermediary and What Constitutes Value in the Library of 2012"
- Farkas, Meredith and Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe. “Library Faculty and Instructional Assessment: Creating a Culture of Assessment through the High Performance Programming Model of Organizational Transformation.” Library Assessment Conference, Charlottesville, VA, October 29, 2012.
- Farkas, Meredith. “Keynote: Sustainable Transformation: Creating Lasting Change in Libraries.” Library and Information Association of New Zealand Aotearoa (LIANZA) Conference, Palmerston North, New Zealand, September 24, 2012.
- Farkas, Meredith. “Enhancing Library Instruction with Mobile Devices.” ALA TechSource, Online, July 11, 2012.
- Farkas, Meredith, McHale Nina, Dempsey, Lorcan, Lynch, Clifford and Abram, Stephen. “LITA Top Technology Trends.” American Library Association Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA, June 24, 2012.
- Farkas, Meredith. “Building and Sustaining a Culture of Assessment in Your Instruction Program.” LOEX of the West, Burbank, CA, June 8, 2012.
- Farkas, Meredith. “Going Where the User Is: Embedding Virtual Reference and Instruction at the User’s Point of Need.” Oregon Virtual Reference Summit, Gleneden Beach, OR, May 25, 2012.
- Farkas, Meredith. “Build Up, Don’t Burn Out: On Building a Culture of Assessment.” Oregon Information Literacy Summit, McMinnville, OR, May 19, 2012.
- Farkas, Meredith, Barnes-Whyte, Susan, Buck, Stephanie and Rubick, Kate. “The ACRL Immersion Experience: What’s in it for You?” Oregon Library Association Conference, Bend, OR, April 27, 2012.
- Farkas, Meredith. “Getting to the Heart of Online Instruction and Training.” Oregon Library Association Conference, Bend, OR, April 25, 2012.
- Ford, Emily. (April 25, 2012) “What's in Your Filter Bubble? Or, how has the Internet censored you today?” Part of a panel for the program titled “360 Degrees of Censorship: From banned books to Internet filters and beyond.” 2012 Oregon Library Association Annual Conference
- Ford, Emily. (April 27, 2012) Presenter and co-facilitator, “Cold Calling for Shy Librarians.” 2012 Oregon Library Association Annual Conference.
- Ford, Emily and Willson-St. Clair, Kimberly (April 27, 2012) "Libraries & Humanism: A Book Discussion" 2012 Oregon Library Association Annual Conference.
- Hofer, Amy R. (2012, February 23). "Taking the library to the LMS: A collaborative solution for online classrooms." Poster session at 2012 EDUCAUSE West/Southwest Regional Conference, Portland OR.
- Hofer, Amy R., and Flakus, Michael (2012, February 10). "Library widget in the LMS: Way cooler than it sounds." Lightning talk at Online Northwest, Corvallis OR.
- Brunetti, K., Townsend, L., & Hofer, A.R. (2012, June 28). Interdisciplinarity and information literacy instruction: A threshold concepts approach. Presentation at the 4th Biennial Threshold Concepts Conference and the 6th Annual NAIRTL Conference, Dublin, Ireland (did not attend).
- Hofer, A.R., & Buck, S. (2012, April 20). All shook up: The future of distance librarianship in changing organizations. Panel session at the Distance Library Services Conference, Memphis TN.
- Kern, Kristen. “Connecting to Collections.” With Shawna Gandy. Panel: “Collaboration Produces a Hefty Harvest.” Oregon Heritage Conference/Northwest Archivists Annual Meeting, Salem, Oregon, April 27, 2012.
- Paschild, Cristine N. Northwest Archivists and Oregon Heritage Commission Joint Conference, Salem, Oregon, April 2012, “Oregon Chinese Disinternment Documents: A Collaborative Effort to Share an Untold Story.” Panel presenter (peer-reviewed).
- Pendell, Kimberly and Michael Bowman. Online Northwest Conference, Corvallis, February 10th, 2012. “Usability Testing Library Mobile Websites in a Fragmented Smartphone Market.”
- Petit, Joan and Bielavitz, Tom. "Thriving in a Challenging Environment: Creating Technology-Rich, Collaborative Learning Spaces on a Shoestring" at the Pacific Northwest Library Association Annual Conference in Anchorage, Alaska, on August 2, 2012.
- Petit, Joan and Nathan Mealey. "Students at Play in the Library's Tech Playground." EDUCAUSE West/Southwest Regional Conference, Portland, OR. February 23, 2012.
- Schroeder, Robert. Moving from Fantasy to Adventure by Grounding Information Literacy Instruction in Critical Thinking Models, part of the Library Instruction Round Table Panel Discussion, "Critical Thinking and Library Instruction”, at the ALA Annual Conference in Anaheim, June 24, 2012.
Awards & Honors
- Tom Bielavitz's article "Strategic Project Evaluation" in Technical Services Quarterly was selected as a Featured Article in the January 2012 issue of The Informed Librarian Online.
- Jill Emery won the 2012 Marcia Tuttle International Grant from the North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG).
- Meredith Farkas won the Web-based Information Science Education (WISE) Excellence in Online Teaching Award for 2011.
- Emily Ford and others received a Salem Press Library Blog award in the general blog category for "In the Library with the Lead Pipe," a peer-reviewed blog for librarians across the United States. Ford is a founding member of the blog as well as an author, reviewer, and editorial board member.
- Bielavitz, Tom (11/2011). "Strategic Project Evaluation". Technical services quarterly (0731-7131), 29 (1), p. 13.
- Markey, Karen, Leeder, Christopher, and Hofer, Amy R. "BiblioBouts: What’s in the game?" College & Research Libraries News, vol. 72 no. 11 632-645 (December 2011).
- Ford, Emily (2011). "(The Universal Participle)* is Going on with the Authors Guild?". In the Library with the Lead Pipe. October 12, 2011.
- Emery, Jill and Stone, Graham. "Can we agree TERMS? Shaping Techniques for Electronic Resource Management as a model of best practice." D-Lib Magazine. November/December 2011
- Stone, Graham and Emery, Jill. "TERMS: Techniques for electronic resource management." Serials-eNews (255) 2011
- Townsend, L., Hofer, Amy R., & Brunetti, K. (2011). "Threshold Concepts and Information Literacy." portal: Libraries and the Academy,11(3).
- Hofer, Amy R., & Hanson, M. (2011). "Beyond the One-Shot Instruction Session: Semester-long Partnerships for International Student Success." In P. Jackson & P. Sullivan (Eds.), International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Success. Chicago: Association of College & Research Libraries.
- Townsend, L., Brunetti, B., & Hofer, Amy R. (2011). "Save a horse, ride a new train of thought: Using threshold concepts to teach information literacy." Library Orientation Series No. 42.
- Kern, Kris and Alex Toth (Winter 2011) “A Perspective on Preservation and Disaster Response Preparedness in Oregon Libraries.” OLA Quarterly.
- Mealey, Nathan. "Book Review: 3 Titles from A Book Apart." Code4Lib Journal 14 (2011).
- Pendell, Kimberly. (2011). "Muli bwanje? How are you? Volunteering at a health resource center in Zambia." OLA Quarterly 17(1) 15-19.
- Petit, Joan. "Twitter and Facebook for User Collection Requests." Collection Management 36.4 (2011): 253-58.
- Petit, Joan. “A Librarian in the Land of the Pharaohs.” OLA Quarterly 17.1 (Spring 2011): 12-14.
- Sager, Suzanne. "Merit Pay Most Often Used in Compensation for Public and Academic Librarians." Library Worklife, Volume 8, No. 9.
- Buchanan, Sherry. "What is the composition of Martian soil?" or, What We Can Learn from Memorable Transcripts, (developed quality rubric and facilitated peer review session of chat transcripts with two collaborators, Chris Jakel and Rachael Short), Oregon Virtual Reference Summit, The Dalles, Oregon, June 2011.
- Emery, Jill. Charleston Annual Conference, Charleston Company, LLC., November 2011, "Libraries Thriving" Panel, Co-Panelist
- Farkas, Meredith. “The Library in Your Pocket: Mobile Trends for Libraries.” New York Library Association Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY, November 4, 2011.
- Farkas, Meredith. “QR Codes Rock the Library on Your Phone.” New York Library Association Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY, November 4, 2011.
- Farkas, Meredith. “Delivering Innovative Mobile Services through Your Library.” ALA TechSource, Online, July 21 and 28, 2011.
- Farkas, Meredith. “Keynote: Avoiding the Idea Graveyard: Creating Lasting Change in Libraries.” MOBIUS Conference, Columbia, MO, June 7, 2011.
- Flakus, Michael (2011, February 11). “SUSHI Chef.” Lightning talk at Online Northwest, Corvallis OR.
- Hofer, Amy R., & Blalock-Koral, Molly (2011, July 13). "WorldCat Local at Portland State University: The distance user experience." Presentation at Orbis Cascade Alliance Summer Meeting, Vancouver WA.
- Hofer, Amy R., & Hanson, M. (2011, March 31). "Competence vs. Confidence: Assessment Knockdown!" Poster session presented at Association of College & Research Libraries, Philadelphia PA.
- Paschild, Cristine N. Northwest Archivists Annual Meeting, Helena, Montana, April 2011, “The Call to Service: What You Can Bring to the Profession.” Panel organizer and chair (peer-reviewed).
- Paschild, Cristine N. Multnomah County Library, Central Library, Portland, Oregon, April 2011, “Srsly Big Deal: Living and Breathing Comics in PDX.” Panel presenter (invited).
- Petit, Joan and Kimberly Pendell. “Working as a Librarian in Africa.” Roundtable. Association of College and Research Libraries National Conference, Philadelphia, PA. April 1, 2011.
- Petit, Joan. “Library Instruction in Tough Economic Times.” Current Issues Discussion Section, Association of College and Research Libraries Instruction Section, American Library Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA. June 27, 2011.
- Petit, Joan. “Free Is the Best Price: Building Your Collection of Primary Sources with Free, Online, Digital Collections.” The Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC. November 3, 2011.
- Schroeder, Robert. “Affective Learning Outcomes for Library Instruction – Should We, Could We, and How Would We?” Co-lead discussion group at the American Library Association Conference, San Diego, January 7-11, 2011.
Awards & Honors
- Library Instruction Round Table (LIRT) “Top 20 articles in 2010” awarded in June 2011 to Adriene Lim, Associate University Librarian and former Interim University Librarian, and Bob Schroeder, Education & University Studies Librarian and General Education Instruction Coordinator. Professor Lim's article titled "The Readability of Information Literacy Content on Academic Library Web Sites" was published in the Journal of Academic Librarianship. Professor Schroeder's article titled "Valuing Information Literacy: Affective Learning and the ACRL Standards" was published in Portal: Libraries and the Academy.
- Absher, Linda Ueki. (December 7, 2010). Everything is cataloged: the hipster librarian. Counterpunch.
- Bielavitz, Tom. (2010). The Balanced Scorecard: a Systemic Model for Evaluation and Assessment of Learning Outcomes? Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 5 (2).
- Bielavitz, Tom. (Fall 2010). A Library Technician Classification Study in Oregon University System Libraries: Addressing Obsolescence, Compression, and Retention. Library Leadership and Management.
- Hofer, Amy R., & Hanson, M. (2010). Upstairs-Downstairs: Working with a campus assessment coordinator and other allies for effective information literacy assessment. Proceedings of the California Academic & Research Libraries conference. Retrieved from http://carl-acrl.org/Archives/ConferencesArchive/Conference10/2010procee...
- Davis, Sheryl, Smith-Hunt, A. Patricia, & Kern, Kristen. (2010). Disaster Planning and Recovery for Cultural Institutions. In Marcia Bates & Mary Niles Maack (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Library and Information Sciences (3rd ed., Vol. 1, pp. 1602-1614). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- Kern, Kristen. (March 2010). Conference Report: Museum Computer Network. ALCTS Newsletter Online, 21, (1). Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alcts/resources/ano/v21/n1/feat/index.cfm
- Lim, Adriene. (2010). The readability of information literacy content on academic library Web sites. Journal of Academic Librarianship, 36 (4), 296-303.
- Click, Amanda, & Petit, Joan. (June 2010). Social Networking and Web 2.0 in Information Literacy. International Information and Library Review, 42 (2), 137-42. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.iilr.2010.04.007
- Petit, Joan. (2010). Egypt. Encyclopedia of Motherhood. (Vol. 1, pp. 333-334). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Petit, Joan. (2010). Ethiopia. Encyclopedia of Motherhood. (Vol. 1, pp. 364-365). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Click, Amanda and Joan Petit. “Social Networking and Web 2.0 in Information Literacy.” International Information and Library Review 42.2 (June 2010): 137-42. doi:10.1016/j.iilr.2010.04.007. Invited.
- Petit, Joan. (July 2010). Working Overseas as a Librarian for the United States or NGOs. LIScareer.com. Retrieved from http://liscareer.com/petit_overseas_gov.htm
- Raffensperger, Thomas Edgar. (May 28, 2010). Safety and Security in Urban Academic Libraries: A Risk Assessment Approach to Emergency Preparedness. Urban Library Journal, 16 (1). Retrieved from http://cunylibraries.org/ojs/index.php/ulj/article/view/16
- Siegel, Gretta E. (2010). "Institutional Grey Literature in the University Environment." In Dominic J. Farace and Joachim Schöpfel (Eds.), Grey Literature in Library and Information Studies (pp. 69-84). New York: Walter de Gruyter, Inc.
- Schroeder, Robert and Elyssa Stern Cahoy (2010). “Valuing Information Literacy: Affective Learning and the ACRL Standards.” portal: Libraries and the Academy 10 (2).
- Flakus, Michael (2010, June 7). “SUSHI Chef: A comprehensive solution for collecting and analyzing COUNTER usage data from various platform vendors.” Lightning talk at Code4Lib Northwest, Portland OR.
- Hofer, Amy R., & Hanson, M. (2010, June 12). "Terra incognita with no GPS: A case study approach to mapping assessment." Presentation at LOEX of the West, Mount Royal University, Calgary, Alberta. Presentation materials available from http://tinyurl.com/lotw2010
- Brunetti, K., Hofer, Amy R., & Townsend, L. (2010, October 8). "Expert opinions: Investigating threshold concepts for information literacy instruction." Presentation at the Library Research Seminar-V, University of Maryland, Hyattsville MD. Presentation materials available from http://tinyurl.com/tclrsv
- Paschild, Cristine N. 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit, Troutdale, Oregon, May 2010, “Gems of Oregon” panel, “Introduction to Portland State Library’s Special Collections.” (invited)
- Petit, Joan. “Twittering for Books: Patrons Using Social Media for Library Collection Requests.” Acquisitions Institute at Timberline, Timberline Lodge, OR, May 16, 2010.
- Petit, Joan and Amanda Click. “From Lectures and Quizzes to Wikis and Blogs in the Library Classroom.” LOEX: Clearinghouse for Library Instruction Annual Conference, Dearborn, MI. May 1, 2010.
- Petit, Joan. “Blogging at the American University in Cairo.” Computers in Libraries, Arlington, VA. April 13, 2010.
- Schroeder, Robert. "The Marriage of Critical Thinking and Information Literacy: A Match Made in Heaven or a Shot-Gun Wedding?” 4th Annual Oregon Information Literacy Summit, Albany Oregon, April 3, 2010.
(Portland State University Library faculty and staff in bold.)