The University Library is committed to providing an accessible building and services. If you have special needs, ask for assistance at any public service desk, call us at 503.725.5874, or Email Us.
- The southeast end of the Library has a ramp and automatic door. In the middle of the 1st floor, there are 3 elevators with Braille lettering to access all floors. Service animals are welcome.
- The 1st floor Circulation Desk on the south side provides help with book retrieval, scanning, printing, checkout and renewal.
- The 2nd floor Reference Desk across from the elevator lobby offers help with research, printing and technical assistance.
- Accessible restrooms are available on the north end of each floor. The 1st floor restrooms have automatic doors.
Library Resources & Services
Tours and Research Help
- Meet at the 1st floor Circulation Desk Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. or Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. the first 4 weeks of each term.
- Contact Your Subject Librarian for personalized research help.
- Ask a Librarian for research help via chat, email or phone.
- Search the Library Catalog, and click "Place Hold," then enter your last name and student ID number.
- We will notify you at your pdx.edu email when items are ready for pick-up at the 1st floor Circulation Desk.
- Materials are pulled as soon as possible based on staffing. Please bring an assistant for large amounts of items.
OCR Scanning and Printing
- Depending on staff availability, 1st floor Circulation Desk staff perform Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scanning.
- Staff at any public service desk will help patrons needing assistance with scanning or printing.
- If large quantities of scanning are needed, please bring an assistant.
- More information about printing, scanning, and copying.
Adaptive Computers with JAWS and ZoomText
- Two Adaptive Computer Stations are located near the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of the Library.
- These computers have standard lab software, JAWS and ZoomText software packages, flatbed scanners, large print keyboards, and headphones.
- Many of our group study rooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Rooms 98 and 320 are the accessible video viewing rooms.
- Reserve a room with our online booking system.
Purple Relay System
- A video relay system for the deaf and hard-of-hearing is available on the southwest corner alcove of the 1st floor.
Report a Website or Resource Problem
- The Library strives to provide accessibility to all online content; if a webpage or resource is inaccessible, please report it to:
Reader Services: 503.725.4153
Interpreter Services: 503.725.5202
Location: 118 Smith Memorial Student Union
1825 SW Broadway
Portland, Oregon 97202-0751